Photobucket

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Element of Light

There are various ways on using the element of light in photographs. I am supposed to write how I used light in mine... but rather than go into a technical discussion, which I would fail miserably in, I thought I would show a few pictures that feature different ways I used light to get an image I was pleased with.


The above picture was taken at a David Crowder Band concert. The lights were so bright coming off the stage, as one would expect at a concert. I loved the colors and played around with my settings until I got one at just the right moment...body surfing time! I love how the bright light is illuminating the "surfer".



This next one (above) was natural light. It was nearing sunset, on Lake Louisa in Clermont, Florida. The sun was going down behind me as I shot this picture. It is one of my more favorite nature shots, that I have taken.


The tunnel shot (above) was just for fun. I didn't think anything would come out of it. The light is peering in behind my son, as he gets ready to go down the black tunnel. 


And this last one was taken at The Cincinnati Museum of Art, Ohio. The lights were already shining on this religious work of art... so when I was looking through the pictures I took (knowing I could in no way use flash there) I was pleasantly surprised. To me, it makes this statue of Mary and Jesus have this "holy" glowing look, along with the different shadows behind them. 


So there it is... a few ways on how I have used light in my photography. I know I still have more to learn, but I am happy with my start.


No comments:

Post a Comment